Blog Posts to Save
1. Deleting Incorrect "Recent People" (Autocomplete)Email AddressesAre you one that loves the autocomplete or "Recent People" feature in Outlook? However, have you ever incorrectly entered in an email address OR an incorrect person as the recipient that continually pops up instead of the correct one? If so, be sure to read on as it is VERY easy to delete these annoying incorrect addresses.
- open your desktop Outlook
- click on the "New Email" icon to create a new message
- click your mouse in the "To" line of the message.
- Simply, click on the "X" that will appear if you hover your cursor just to the left of the contact.
2. Formatting . . .
Sometimes formatting makes a difference in how a user views a document. Having the ability to strip a document of formatting that is no longer wanted OR copying formatting that has been applied from one area of the document to another is a very useful tool.
The Format Painter on the Home tab allows you to quickly apply the same formatting, such as color, font style and size, and border style, to multiple pieces of text or graphics. The format painter lets you copy all of the formattings from one object and apply it to another one – think of it as copying and pasting for formatting.
1. Select the text or graphic that has the formatting that you want to copy.
3. The pointer changes to a paintbrush icon.
1. Select the text that you want to return to its default formatting.
3. Registering in Preparation for Required Password Reset
4. Digital Citizenship Week and SD72 Digital Wellness Curriculum
Every year, the third week of October "Digital Citizenship Week" is dedicated to teaching good digital citizenship in hopes that all students will become safe and smart when using technology. This is a great time to help students reflect on how their digital lives impact their social and emotional well-being. This is especially easy to do with the Digital Wellness Curriculum that has been developed for students in our district from kindergarten to grade eight. If focusses on FouR FACETS of digital wellness:
Watch the quick video below to learn more about this curriculum.
If you would like to use this in your classroom, you can access the lessons from the portal. They are grouped into three groupings. Click on the images below to access each of the lessons.
Although a curriculum has not been developed for students in grades 9 through 12, below is a Wakelet of curated resources that include some lessons, websites and research on student wellness.
5. SD72 Email Signatures
6. SD72 Guest Wifi
Current Password click HERE.
- You will have to “accept” the acceptable use policy at EACH SITE. This means that you should have a window pop up when you access the internet for a new school (or site) with the 'Connect to the internet' window which is your acceptance that you will abide by the acceptable use policy. Once you do this once for each site, it will be good for 60 days.
NOTE: If do NOT see this screen pop up at a new site AND cannot access the internet, disconnect from the SD72Wifi and reconnect again at that site.
- Your access will expire after 60 days and will have to be renewed. This just means you go through the "join" process once more either using the steps OR scanning the QR code (see below).
- The current password will change occasionally. The current password is located HERE. Please be sure to share this with students as this is located behind a password-protected portal only available to SD72 staff.
- Wi-Fi will be NOT available from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am as it is turned off at ALL sites for security purposes.
- Students do not have access to the Employee portal page so they will have to be provided with the password. This can be posted in a classroom, in a class Teams, or even on the office bulletin board.
- Guests on the premises will access wifi using the same process.
- Accessing the SD72Wifi will provide users ONLY with internet access - no printers, district drives, or shared devices will be accessible from this wifi.
- The QR code provided will expire at the same time as the current password. A NEW QR code will be created to be utilized when this occurs. IF you cannot connect using the QR code - be sure that you are using the updated one.
Connecting to the SD72Wifi - Apple Device
Connecting to the SD72Wifi - Android
Due to the number of Android devices and versions in use, some of the processes described here may be different on your device.
Using the QR Code to Connect on your Mobile Device
7. Office 365 Keyboard Shortcuts
8. Using "File Request" in OneDrive to Create a "Hand-In" Folder for Your Students
As we offer our students more and more options to display their evidence of learning, we must ensure that "handing in" this evidence is an easy process. One way to do this is by creating a "File Request" in OneDrive. Teachers create a folder within their personal OneDrive and then give students permission to this folder for "hand-in" only. They will NOT see any other student's files AND have NO capability to edit any files within this folder. This way, you can organize specific files shared with you in the folders created for these specific projects rather than having your "shared with me" space filled with disorganized files. Click on the link below to read more about how to do this.