Kahoot is an online platform as well as a mobile app that allows you to create quizzes for students and/or have students 13 and over create their own to challenge their classmates. You can use this to create a poll to gather opinions as well. A fun way to learn and review!
TOOLS & FEATURES
- Create content-specific material.
- Students 13 and over can demonstrate learning by creating their own quiz.
- Search amongst the many quizzes already online in the "Discover" section.
- Quizzes that are already online can be duplicated and adapted for your own needs.
- Quizzes can be as short or long if you'd like.
- Use pictures and/or true/false for younger students.
- Connects directly to Microsoft Teams.
BEST PRACTICE USE
Students Over 13: CAN create an account using the SD72 Microsoft Account with informed consent.
Informed Consent PPT.pptx
Students Under 13: CAN NOT create an account - CLASS CODE must be created.
Creating a Kahoot
- Click here to go to Kahoot. Sign up or login using the SD72 Microsoft email and password.
- Create a Kahoot to share with your students. Create your own OR an existing one from the Content Page.
- Once created, you can "Play" with your students. Select "Teach" (live game played together) or "Assign" (learners access on own for self-paced learning)
- For "Teach" select game options THEN click to access PIN.
- Students access PIN from mobile app or www.kahoot.it
- You will then get a notification that your Kahoot is ready and there may be some suggestions on how to improve it there as well.
Students Accessing Code:
- Go to Kahoot.it
- Type in the PIN code your teacher has enabled.
- Create an avatar name.
*Note: Up to 100 students can play with a teacher using the free account.
The teacher will now get a link or a challenge pin to share with students. This can be shared directly to Microsoft Teams if you are using it with your class.
Users, please note this resource:
- stores data in a server outside of Canada.
- collects personal information (SD72 Microsoft email and name).
- collects computer information (IP address and location).