Social Emotional Learning
Social Emotional Learning can help all young people and adults thrive personally and academically, develop and maintain positive relationships, become lifelong learners, and contribute to a more caring, just world.
Social Emotional Learning is an integral part of education and human development. SEL is the process through which all young people and adults acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to develop healthy identities, manage emotions and achieve personal and collective goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain supportive relationships, and make responsible and caring decisions.
Social Emotional Learning makes a difference. The research demonstrates that an education that promotes SEL has a positive impact on a wide range of outcomes, including academic performance, healthy relationships, mental wellness, and more.
The Impact of Social and Emotional Learning
What are the Social and Emotional Learning Core Competencies?
- Second Step - kits available in SD72 schools (contact Learning Support Services)
- CASEL- Your One Stop Shop for Everything SEL
- BC's Core Competencies - Connections to SEL
- BC Core/Sub Competencies and Profiles
- Student Reflection & Self Assessment of BC Core Competencies
- Integrating SEL Playbook - CASEL