A website that allows access to an online typing program to improve skills AS WELL AS lessons on Digital Literacy.
TOOLS & FEATURES
- Allows students access to typing practice.
- Typing practice is accessed from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced User lessons.
- Allows students to a specific set of Digital Literacy lessons for grades K-8.
- Simple video lessons in addition to Q & A sessions guide the students through Digital Literacy Lessons.
- NO student-specific username or email is accessed so NO CONSENT is required.
BEST PRACTICE USE
ALL Students: can create an account from Typing.com without an email address. A username and password are required so be sure NOT to include any personally identifiable information.
Creating a Typing.com account AND Class Site
- Go to Typing.com and choose "sign up now -> Teacher Sign up" - the yellow button on the main page.
- You'll get a page asking for account type and you'll choose "Teacher" -> Teacher -> School
- Skip all until Teacher Portal. Skip Tour BUT create a class. A JOIN LINK will be created when you do so.
- Share the JOIN LINK with the students. You will need to Accept the student Join Request.
Creating an Anonymous Typing.com account.
- Log into Typing.com student account and create an account with an anonymous username and password your teacher recommends - don't use the email option.
- Use the JOIN LINK to join your teacher's class for specific typing and Digital Citizenship assignments.
Users, please note this resource:
- collects computer information (IP address and location)